Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Eugene -- Bro Gab in town - BDays!

Back in Eugene ........ the west side of the Cascades. Green is the color even in the driest month of summer, the big rivers flow, and the nights are warm. As much as I appreciate and enjoy the beauty of eastern Oregon I am reminded once again that the west side is home. I am soothed by the lush understory of the forests and moist warm night air.

Lots of data organizing to do from the Middle Fork John Day field work stint but also trying to soak up some family/friend time while I am back in the "hood." My time here in Eugene is short before I head back out to the MFJD and it seems as though I have packed it full.

Monday I washed and organized myself, my gear, and all the field gear. A serious time consuming job.

Gabby, Missy and Griffin arrived on Tuesday afternoon via the Portland airport and gramma and grampa's door to door delivery taxi.
It feels so good to be around these folks! I am a bit bummed that I have to do some work time during the day while they are here because I would like to spend every minute them.
I feel more comfortable around my brother Gabby than most people in the world. It's a sort of familiarity that some close siblings get to know. I appreciate it beyond words.
THE GOOD NEWS: Gabby and family will be moving back to Eugene from Virginia within the year!!!!!!!!!! Yeh.

Monday (8/11) was my darl'en friend Betty Kim Koeppen's birthday (check the link and hear her music). Words can't express the value of her friendship and the creativity that she brings to the world. She has been counted as one of my best friends for the past 25 years. She is a musician, a writer, a dancer, a mom, a teacher, a good good good friend.

Tuesday (8/12) was also my friend Scott Freitas' birthday. I have been friends with this loopy fantastic fellow for 22 years. Never a dull moment .... always good friends ... even when large and small time and space has passed between us.

Shawn Johnson, Scott Freitas, Pollyanna Lind -- Scotty's b-day.
Where is our Kimmy!!!

Today is my brother Jon's birthday. Enough said. He is basically as cool as it gets!

No comments: