Monday, November 10, 2008

Beads Beads Beads --- Al Lind

My grandfather spent the last 30+ years of his interesting life collecting, selling, trading, and enjoying beads. Through these beads he connected with many people and many landscapes. Not only in the transactions that he undertook but in the history of transactions that the antique beads in his collection undertook many many many years prior to passing through his hands.

This year, five years after my grandfather's passing, my parents organized and displayed a portion of his collection for a private showing and sale. It brought many friends and family together --- just as these beads had done so many times before.

My cousin Curtis and I had helped our grandpa in the past at events -- so it was quite a treat for both of us to help out behind the counter for this event. I think we both had moments of memory and a few tears in our eyes that day. I know I could hear Al Lind's voice from time to time when I looked at certain beads.



1 comment:

meera said...

beautiful bountiful beads, off into the universe....