Tuesday, April 21, 2009

San Jose -- Biz'ness before heading north

A few days in San Jose before getting on that plane headed to the north-land.

I wish I had given myself a couple of more day in San Jose. There is no possible way to sort through the libraries and gather up all the air photos I would like to take with me. Things just aren't done that quickly here.
Also, the hydrologists at ICE I am in contact with are out of the country at a watershed conference in Nicaragua -- so I'll have to return to request the discharge data I need.

None-the-less ,,,, it was a very productive few days in San Jose. In addition to getting some good research on my area copied and in-hand I also managed to submit an aerial photo request at the UCR library through my colleague Prof. Guaria Cardenes (Quaternary Sedimentologist at UCR); meet with the director of the Central American School of Geology; establish an agreement of cooperation with the University of Costa Rica for my PhD work; visit my colleague Prof. Nelson Arroyo at the National University; and meet with Clemmens Ruppert at UNA who is doing water quality testing in the low-lands of the Caribe.

Now, ALL I have to do is raise the money to get this research going..........no problem .... right?

No comments: